Oshwa Property Tax Grant Program for Seniors ,Disablility

Moderator: Flipping4Profit.ca

Post Reply
Posts: 4524
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:04 pm

Oshwa Property Tax Grant Program for Seniors ,Disablility

Post: # 45543Post Flipping4Profit.ca
Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:29 am

Oshwa Property Tax Grant Program for Low Income Seniors and People with a Disability

Low income seniors and people with a disability may qualify for financial assistance towards their property taxes in the form of a grant. Only one grant is applicable for the principal residence annually.
Low Income Senior Homeowner

You are a low income senior homeowner if:

You own your own home and it is your principal residence for at least 90 days immediately before December 31st of the current year.
You are age 65 prior to December 31st of the current year and meet the income requirements to be entitled to the Federal Government’s Guaranteed Supplement.

Low Income Homeowner with a Disability

You are a low income homeowner with a disability if:

You own your own home and it is your principal residence for at least 90 days immediately before December 31st of the current year.
You receive support under the Ontario Disability Support Program.

The grant is entered on the applicants tax account as a deduction to any current outstanding amount or next subsequent tax installment. No rebate cheques are processed. If the applicant has enrolled in the Pre-Authorized Tax Payment Plan, the future payment amounts will be adjusted accordingly.

If you wish to apply for the rebate, please complete the Property Tax Grant Application for Low Income Senior or Person with a Disability.

Rebates For Charitable Organizations

Charitable organizations, which have a federal registration number and that lease space in "Commercial or Industrial" properties, are eligible for a reduction of 40% of the total realty taxes paid by the charity.

In order to be eligible for this program, the following criteria must be met:

You must be a registered charity as defined by subsection 248(1) of the Income Tax Act and can provide a registered charity number issued by Revenue Canada.
You can provide from the landlord/owner documentation specifying the amount of property taxes payable for the rented or leased space occupied.

Complete and submit the 2014 Tax Rebate Application for Registered Charities.


We believe the information contained in this article to be accurate. It is presented with the understanding that we are not engaged in rendering legal, accounting, or investment advice. When professional assistance is required, utilize the services of a licensed real estate broker, lawyer, accountant, or other consultant as may be required.

Speaking Engagements

Navtaj Chandhoke can be your next key note speaker for real estate office meeting or Canadian real estate investment conventions, expos or trade shows.please contact us for topics and availability.
Please contact us directly at [email protected] or 647-393-6100 to set up a session at your meeting or convention.

P.S. Success isn't a matter of chance, it's a matter of choice. So it's up to you to make the right choice to become successful. If you don't know what to do it starts with making the choice to register for this LIVE real estate investors training in your town now at www.Flipping4Profit.ca and making sure you make the right choice to SHOW UP!!! Learn more to earn more about CanadianTax sale properties.

To learn the strategies, techniques and Eye Witness Real Estate Investors Field Training. How to acquire Tax Sale Properties & Sheriff Sale Properties, Click Here

Post Reply