Forgivable Grants Available in Grey County Home Repair


Post Reply
Posts: 4703
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:04 pm

Forgivable Grants Available in Grey County Home Repair

Post: # 47014Post
Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:02 pm

Forgivable Grants Available in Grey County Home Repair
Ontario Renovates Funding Available in Grey County Home Repairs

Funding is still available to help low to medium income homeowners repair and improve their homes. Ontario Renovates offers up to $15,000 for major repairs such as heating systems, windows and doors, roofs, electrical, plumbing and more. Renovations that improve accessibility in the home may also be considered.

Get your copy of
Directory Forgivable Canadian Real Estate Grants
now at

“The Ontario Renovates program makes essential home renovations possible for homeowners who might struggle to afford them,” said Anne Marie Shaw, Director of Housing with Grey County. “There is limited funding available. Qualifying homeowners should get their applications in as soon as possible.”

Ontario Renovates funding is limited and is available on a first come first serve basis. All funding must be committed by December 31.

Learn more and apply online at, by visiting the Grey County Administration Building in Owen Sound, or by calling Grey County at 1-800-567-4739.


Have a household income at or below $43,000.
Have less than $30,000 in assets.
Own a home with a market value below the Grey County average of $217,000.

Mobile homes and houses situated on leasehold land do not qualify.

Ontario Renovates is part of the Investment in Affordable Housing (IAH) Program, a provincial program providing funding for the creation and repair of affordable housing. It is based on the principles of Ontario’s Long-Term Affordable Housing Strategy. Funding for the program is renewed each year in April and needs to be committed by December 31.

Other IAH programs delivered by Grey County include the Home ownership program and the Rent Supplement program. Visit to learn more.
For more information please contact:
Anne Marie Shaw, Director of Housing (link sends e-mail)
519‑376-5744 ext. 1305

Robert Hatten, Communications Officer (link sends e-mail)
519-372-0219 ext. 1235.


We believe the information contained in this
article to be accurate.It is presented with the
understanding that we are not engaged in
rendering legal,accounting, or investment advice.

When professional assistance is required,
utilize the services of a licensed real estate
broker, lawyer, accountant,
or other consultant as may be required.

Tickets for LIVE CRASH COURSE at

Post Reply