Page 1 of 1

Home Renovations & Repairs assistance program region of Peel

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:16 pm
Home Renovations & Repairs assistance program region of Peel-Ontario

If you need to make repairs to your home for safety, or if you need to improve your home’s accessibility, we may be able to help you pay for certain renovations.

We offer help paying for home safety and accessibility improvements to people with low-to-moderate incomes. This can be especially helpful if you are a senior or have a disability.

Improvements may include:

electrical work,
plumbing repairs,
ensuring your home is insulated,
structural changes, or
accessibility upgrades (such as hand rails on walls or stairs, chair lifts, or ramps).

Step 1: Check your eligibility

To be eligible, you must:

need renovations or repairs to improve the safety, structure, or accessibility of your home,
legally own and live in the home that needs renovating,
have owned your home for at least 3 years,
have an annual household income of $60,000 or less, and
have your most recent Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) Notice that shows your home's value is no greater than:
Brampton: $487, 165
Caledon: $685, 189
Mississauga: $546,203

Step 2: Apply online

To apply for financial help, you must complete an application form. To do this, you will need:

your current Notice of Assessment (NOA), and the NOA for anyone in your home over the age of 18 who isn't currently a student,
photo identification (driver's license or passport) for yourself and every person in your home, including children,
a letter from your bank that shows your mortgage payments are up-to-date (or paid in full),
your most recent property tax bill,
the most recent Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) notice for your home, and
a copy of your homeowner's insurance policy.

Note: If you do not have your NOA, you can request a replacement from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) at 1-800-959-8281.

If you do not have your MPAC notice, contact MPAC at 1-866-296-6722.

Get your copy of
Directory Forgivable Canadian Real Estate Grants
now at