Provides financial assistance for:
- Low income homeowners occupying existing substandard housing to repair, rehabilitate or improve their dwellings to a minimum level of health and safety.
- Modifications to low income homeowner and rental units to improve the accessibility of the dwelling for occupants with disabilities.
- Adaptations for low income seniors who have difficulty with daily living activities in the home.
- Provides assistance for limited modifications to eligible households to accommodate an aging parent.
- the household income must be below the established "housing income limits" which vary by household size and by geographical areas within the province.
- you must own the home and live in it
- your home must require major repairs or lack basic facilities.
- modifications are required for people with disabilities must be housing related and/or provide access to permanently installed, basic facilities within the dwelling.
- adaptations required for seniors must facilitate and prolong independent living (i.e. using the kitchen & getting around hallways)
Homeowner households may be eligible for a forgivable loan for both disabled accessible modifications and other major repair items (i.e. structural, electrical) to a maximum of $20,000.
Seniors are eligible for a forgivable loan for minor adaptations to facilitate independent living to a maximum of $5,000
Landlords are eligible for a forgivable loan for disabled modifications to a maximum of $10,000.
https://www2.gnb.ca/content/gnb/en/serv ... .8735.html