Public Sale of Land, Alberta
Municipal Government Act
Town of Stony Plain
Notice is hereby given that, under the provisions of the Municipal Government Act,
the Town of Stony Plain will offer for sale, by public auction, in the Council
Chambers, 4905 51 Avenue, Stony Plain, Alberta, on Friday, March 29, 2019, at
10:00 a.m., the following lands:
C. of T.
1. A parcel of land offered for sale may be redeemed by payment of all arrears,
penalties and costs by guaranteed funds at any time prior to the auction.
2. Each parcel of land offered for sale will be subject to a reserve bid and to the
reservations and conditions contained in the existing certificate of title.
3. The lands are being offered for sale on an "as is, where is" basis, and the
municipality makes no representation and gives no warranty whatsoever as to the
state of the parcel nor its suitability for any intended use by the successful bidder.
4. The auctioneer, councillors, the chief administrative officer and the designated
officers and employees of the municipality must not bid or buy any parcel of land
offered for sale, unless directed by the municipality to do so on behalf of the
5. The purchaser of the property will be responsible for property taxes for the
6. The purchaser will be required to execute a sale agreement in form and substance
provided by the municipality.
7. The successful purchaser must, at the time of sale, make payment in cash,
certified cheque or bank draft payable to the municipality as follows:
a. The full purchase price if it is $10,000 or less; OR
b. If the purchase price is greater than $10,000, the purchaser must provide a
non-refundable deposit in the amount of $10,000 and the balance of the
purchase price must be paid within 20 days of the sale.
8. GST will be collected on all properties subject to GST.
9. The risk of the property lies with the purchaser immediately following the
10. The purchaser is responsible for obtaining vacant possession.
11. The purchaser will be responsible for registration of the transfer including
12. If no offer is received on a property or if the reserve bid is not met, the property
cannot be sold at the public auction.
13. The Town of Stony Plain may, after the public auction, become the owner of any
parcel of land that is not sold at the public auction.
14. Once the property is declared sold at public auction, the previous owner has no
further right to pay the tax arrears.
Dated at Stony Plain, Alberta, January 16, 2019.
Sharleen Horchuk, Chief Administrative Officer.